This activity supports the development of your child’s listening and speaking skills.
What you will do
- Prepare a box containing the items you have collected.
- Invite your child to play, placing the box in front of your child.
- In your mind, select one of the objects and describe it to your child. You may wish to role play the use of this item, for instance, pretending to use soap.
- Have your child select from the box what item you were describing and use their words to name it.
Keywords to use
Use words to describe the object and its use.
Questions to ask
- What do you think I might be describing?
- Is there anything in my box that will... ?
- I wonder what could I use to... ?
- Is there something in my box that will help me to... ?